We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. Your primary focus will be to ensure proper and successful planning and execution of the works on the project site, including progress monitoring, procurement, cost, safety and quality management. You will have overall responsibility for leading and managing project teams to achieve time and budget objectives and providing efficient support for construction activities with an engineering and commercial focus.
Role Accountabilities & Responsibilities
As a Project Manager, your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Planning, execution and management of the overall end-to end project delivery, providing direction, reviewing and monitoring outcomes of all functions to ensure work is progressing smoothly and efficiently.
- Developing a comprehensive project plan/schedule, and continually monitoring and keeping track of construction progress to ensure that work is advancing according to schedule and that any delays or issues are escalated and addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Managing and coordinating between clients, consultants, government agencies and subcontractors to ensure that all work is carried out in a co-ordinated and streamlined manner during the design and delivery phases.
- Tactically plan site operations, adapt and develop new solutions to enhance the delivery of results through critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams of engineers, site personnel and workmen to ensure that the construction work is carried out in accordance with the drawings, specifications and Project Quality Plan.
- Performing routine inspections at the work sites and ensuring that QA/QC aspects are implemented effectively and that safety and health matters on site are addressed as a matter of priority.
- Documenting and maintaining records of the construction activities on site, including progress reports, inspection reports, as well as budget and milestone management and preparing progress claims and other contractual claims as required.
- Fostering a positive and collaborative team culture as well as motivating and providing guidance and support to team of subordinates and workmen.
- Reviewing operational, environmental and commercial elements that impact construction risks, project costs and implementing strategies for continuous process improvement, cost optimization and risk mitigation.
Overall, as the Project Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring that the construction project is completed to a high standard, on time, and within budget.
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned professional with the following attributes:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum of 10 years working experience.
- Previous experience in the areas of infrastructure and civil works are highly desirable.
- Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate effectively with sub-contractors, consultants, suppliers, stakeholders and other relevant parties.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, manage, delegate and motivate a team of sub-contractors, engineers and workmen.
- Excellent proficiency in English and ability to prepare and issue general correspondences to subcontractors, client, government authority to ensure proper record keeping and accountability.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Problem solving skills – must be able to identify and resolve issues that arise during the construction process, such as unforeseen delays, cost overruns or safety concerns.